Finally at 15.00 yesterday I received a text message telling me that I had an appointment with Portsmouth Hospital Trust on 25th August at 15.00 and that if I wanted to change the appointment call such and such a number!
Not knowing who the appointment was with I called that number and discovered it was the Outpatients department. Oh, says I, I have just received a text message about an appointment - oh no, says woman on the 'phone - we do not send text messages - well I have a text message says I - finally she tells me that I have two appointments on the 25th ...
One at 10.15 with the 'boss' and one at 15.00 with the Oncology department!!!
Following my biopsy no-one has sat me down and mentioned the big 'C' word - but now I finally know don't I?
Thanks QA for showing such social skills in such a delicate situation - firstly lymphoma written on my discharge papers and now this - what next???

No comments:
Post a Comment